Want to Start a Cash Mob?
So you want to start a Cash Mob? Here are some tips for getting started!
- Get a Cash Mob twitter handle. We recommend something like “CM_____” where “_____” is the name of your city. This makes it easier for people to find you. For example, if they want to mob in, say, San Diego, they look for @cmsandiego.
- Figure out the business you want to mob according to these handy dandy rules.
- Talk to the business owner and set that mob up.
- Talk to a bar or restaurant owner nearby and get them to sign on for the aftermob.
- Set up a Facebook invitation. Trust us. Even if you hate Facebook, this is a great way to get information out to people.
- Contact the local media and tell them what you’re doing, then see if they’ll run a piece on your mob.
- Partner with any local community or civic organizations you can find. They will help you get the word out and bring people to the event.
- Work with the city if you can. At the very least, alert the city manager (or equivalent) of what you’re doing and see if you need to get permits, etc.
- If you have any questions, email us!
At the mob, there are three rules:
- Spend $20;
- Meet three people you didn’t know before;
- HAVE FUN!!!