Here are the rules we’ve developed for running cash mobs. THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTED RULES!!! Feel free to change them and let us know if your changes are better and why they work. We’re always interested in variations and suggestions!
- The mob date and meeting location must be announced at least a week in advance via Twitter, Facebook and/or email.
- The amount to spend will not be more than $20, although people can spend more if they wish.
- The business must have products that cost less than $20 for both men and women.
- The business must be locally owned and independently operated.
- The business owner must give back to the community in some way.
- The business owner must approve the Cash Mob before the mob is announced.
- The business must be within one block of a locally-owned watering hole.
- Cash Mobbers must join us for celebratory drinks after the successful mob.
- The cash mob will occur during the evening on a weekday or on a weekend.
- Pictures will be posted to the blog after the Cash Mob.
- Parking or public transportation must be available.
12. Organizers cannot benefit financially from organizing the Cash Mob.
At the mob, there are three rules:
- Spend $20;
- Meet three people you didn’t know before;
- HAVE FUN!!!